Wednesday, February 13, 2008

In the beginning

Today marks the middle of the fourth week of my tenure here as an intern at NCCJSTL. I'm beginning to get settled into the expectations I have for the organization, the expectations the organization has for me, and the expectations I have for myself.

I'm finding that there are all sorts of lessons for me to learn here, that I have a lot of personal and professional growth to look forward to. Afterall, I am sitting in a cube working my head around the best ways to end oppression. An easy task, for sure.

So I decided I wanted a way to communicate the different aspects of what I am processing and learning. That's where you and I meet. Here, in this writing, in this blog.

Welcome to my journey through myself, seeking questions and answers about the complexities of understanding and communicating oppression and injustice. Feedback is welcome: even expected. Maybe in the end, together we'll somehow make the world a better place.

No comments: